Obtaining a New or Replacement ID Card

ID card printing is currently available to all registered students and active employees at the Service Desk located in room S-141 of 199 Chambers street, weekdays from 8:00am to 8:00pm.

Every BMCC student and staff member must have a validated identification (ID) card at all times. Members of the BMCC community must have their ID card to enter the college, to enter the library, to borrow library books, or to collect student paychecks from the college. Students are expected to present their ID card to any college official (security officer, administrator, faculty and staff member, etc.) who requests such identification.

If your ID card is not working, please visit the Service Desk in person at room S141.

Obtaining a New ID Card

New students can obtain a BMCC ID card from the Service Desk located at room S-141. Students must be registered for classes before they can obtain an ID card and must provide a form of photo identification.

Newly hired faculty and staff can obtain a BMCC ID card from the Service Desk after Human Resources processes their information in CUNYFirst and they are entered into the ID system. Faculty and staff must provide a form of photo identification as well as an authorization slip from Human Resources, located at room S-717. Research Foundation and contractor employees must be entered into the ID system by the Office of Sponsored Programs before they can obtain an ID card, and must provide both a form of photo identification and an ID request form from their supervisor to obtain an ID card from the Service Desk.

Replacing a Lost ID Card

A signed ID replacement form is required to obtain a replacement ID card. The form must first be brought to the Bursar's Office, room S330, and a $10 replacement fee must be paid. Then bring the signed ID replacement form to the Service Desk, room S141, to obtain a replacement ID card.

The ID replacement form can be found here.

Schedule an Appointment

Schedule an appointment using the QLess app or our online kiosk.

Legal Name Change

To request a legal name change, first fill out the Change of Personal Information Form online. Alternatively, you can download a PDF version of the form.

Bring the completed form to the Panther Station located at room S-225, along with two types of documentation from among the following, one of which must be a photo ID:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Social Security Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Court Order
  • U.S. Passport
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Naturalization Paper  

After the request is processed in CUNYFirst, bring your current BMCC ID card to the Service Desk located at S-141 and a new ID card with the new name will be provided free of charge.

Preferred Name Request

At BMCC, employees and students have the option to update or change their given first and/or middle name to their preferred name. This service also includes the option to request a new BMCC ID card and email address reflecting your updated information. 

Please check the following links for instructions on how to request a preferred name change:                                                                                                                                                     

For BMCC Students: https://servicedesk.bmcc.cuny.edu/TDClient/33/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=2136

For BMCC Employees: https://servicedesk.bmcc.cuny.edu/TDClient/33/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=2138

Was this helpful?
67% helpful - 135 reviews


Article ID: 1026
Wed 11/13/19 3:30 PM
Tue 3/14/23 10:56 AM